Learning Hydro Limited
is owned and run by David Williams and Gordon Black who have extensive knowledge and experience across the spectrum of run-of-river hydropower schemes from 1kW up to 10MW. More importantly, they have a passion for sharing their insight and take great pleasure in assisting anyone with an interest in the field to grow their competency.
David has spent his whole career in hydropower and has recently retired from his position as Chief Executive Officer of the
British Hydropower Association, a position he held for eight years.
Gordon has spent the last nine years as a Director of
babyHydro Limited, a hydropower consultancy and project management firm based in Scotland.
They have been delivering hydropower training events together since April 2013, including:
- 12 courses (each lasting two days) for the British Hydropower Association
- held at various locations around the UK
- 3 bespoke courses (each lasting one day) - clients; a private energy consultancy firm, Local Energy Scotland, and GE Renewable Energy (Europe)
- Single day workshops (where delegates learn the
principles of designing a scheme, and then work in
teams to establish the practical parameters of a valid site) in
conjunction with major hydropower conferences and exhibitions organised by Aqua-Media
and delivered through their Hydropower & Dams
and still to come:
- Asia2016: Water Resources and Hydropower Development in Asia, March 2016, Vientiane, Lao PDR
- Hydro 2016, October 2016, Montreux, Switzerland
- Africa 2017, Water Storage and Hydropower Development for Africa, March 2017, Marrakech, Morocco
- Hydro 2017,
October 2017, Seville, Spain
- Asia 2018, Water Resources and Renewable Energy Development in Asia,
March 2018, Danang, Vietnam